BADL News & Notes...There's even talk about free beer
************* Holiday Blind Draw & Social *************
Event open to 2016-2017 BADL members (free) and their guests ($15)
We are hosting a blind draw dart tournament at Our Bar on Tuesday December 27th. Registration will be open from 7:00pm - 7:45pm sharp. Draw will start at approximately 8:00pm.
$10 entry fee for the blind draw. Format and payouts will be determined once we have a final number of participants.
The league will be providing free domestic draft beers and chicken wings for members.
The league will also be adding a minimum $100 to the blind draw payout purse.
We hope to see many of you there. Please forward to your teammates, as we may not have everyone's email address.
************* Playoffs *************
B1 & B2 Divisions
B1 & B2 playoffs will start next Tuesday December 6th. The higher seeded regular season team for each match hosts all matches. The first team to win 9 games wins the match.
All 6 teams make playoffs. Modified playoff.
December 6th, teams finishing 1st & 2nd have a bye. 3rd place will host 6th place, and 4th place will host 5th place.
December 13th, the 1st place team will host the lowest remaining seeded team remaining, and the 2nd place team will host the remaining team.
The Championships will be held on December 20th at the highest remaining seeds bar.
C playoffs will start Tuesday January 10th.The higher seeded regular season team for each match hosts all matches. The first team to win 9 games wins the match.
Top 4 teams make playoffs. Standard playoff bracket.
January 10th, 1st place will host 4th place, 2nd place will host 3rd place.
The Championship will be held on January 17th at the highest remaining seeds bar.
************* DartConnect ****
Many of the teams in the Summer League and current C division, have been using the scoring web app DartConnect. This app is used on a tablet, and allows for much faster and accurate entry of matches. In addition, the app will email participants the match report, which includes the all-stars recorded for each player.
While basic functionality of the app is free, there is a per team/per season fee to configure the app for league use. This includes loading all teams and rosters, identifying the games played, etc. The league has secured a discounted price, and will pay for access for all teams out of the Winter bar sponsorship fees.
The app will run on most tablets, and a tablet holder is recommended to hang the tablet. The league has also secured discounted pricing on the official DartConnect hangers, which are very well designed and thought out for this use. We hope to have available for sale at the holiday blind draw.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the product at www.dartconnect.com
************* Winter Season *************
The Winter season is tentatively slated to start on Tuesday January 31st, and last approximately 10 weeks.
There will be a concerted effort to bring back the A Division, with a modified format which will allow for matches to be played with a minimum of 3 players, a strict 4 person cap on the roster, and additional games added. This division will not have any restriction on the number of A-Flight players on a team.
If you as an individual, or your team would like consideration for the A Division, please let us know ASAP. We will require a minimum of 4 teams to have this division, and will work with all interested parties to put together balanced teams as much as possible.
2016 Fall Season Is Here...
1) The order players are listed on the sheet, is the order they must throw. However, any player listed for that game can shoot for the bull
2) Lineups are submitted blind. You may not view your opponents lineup, and try to match up
2016 Fall Season
The 10 Week Fall regular season will begin September 27th and run through November 29th, with Playoffs to follow.
We ask captains/members to confirm if they will be returning for the Fall Season and provide playing location and rosters. The sooner these details are confirmed, the sooner we can guarantee your teams's entry into the league.
Once again, the makeup of a team's roster must conform to the player rating system. Please review the player list and policies found here. If there is enough interest, we will create an Open A division, with no player rating restrictions. We must have a minimum of 4 teams for the A Division.
Rosters can be emailed directly to the league, and membership dues can be paid here. You must be a paid member to participate in any league activities.
Summer League Championship - August 30th at Founding Fathers
(6) Founding Fathers vs (7) Williamsville Bar 1
Come on down to watch the finals.
Matches played at higher ranked team's location.
Playoff match format is the same as regular season, and winner is first team to 11 pts
ADO Qualifier Saturday June 11th
Player Ratings Published Here
FALL 2015 Updates
- May not play/sub on a B Division team where another A-Flight player already exists on that roster. In other words, only 1 A-Flight player on a B Division team.
- May not play/sub on any C Division team
- May not play/sub on a C Division team where TWO B-Flight players already exist on that roster.
- Deeper investigation into the entire makeup of a team's roster will contribute to which division the league places a team for competitive balance.To clarify, if your team has 2 B-Flight players, and 3 non-classified players, it does not mean your team will automatically be in the C Division.That just means your team would not be in violation if placed in the C Division. The league will continue to place teams to accommodate balanced schedules, without breaking the A/B Flight rules above.
BADL 2015-2016 Fall Season & Beyond...
We hope everyone had a nice summer, and enjoyed being a member of the BADL last year. The BADL Membership period will run from September 2015 through August 2016. Once again membership will be a one-time fee of $25, and entitles members to participate in Fall, Winter & Summer seasons (at no additional cost), earn BADL Travelers Points, attend ADO qualifiers, receive seasonal awards, purchase banquet tickets and other members-only benefits.
You must pay your one-time $25 membership fee prior to play in ANY of the aforementioned seasons or to receive any of the member benefits.
Saturday Sept. 12th 7:30pm - 10:30pm @ Our Bar -- Members Meeting (formerly Captain's meeting)
We invite ALL 2015-2016 BADL members to attend this informational meeting, to pay for 2015-2016 membership, submit rosters, pay $75 Sponsor fee & inquire about any league activities. For members
paid-up through the Sept. 12th Members Meeting, you will receive COMPLIMENTARY Domestic Draft Beer and Chicken Wings. As time permits, a blind draw will follow.
Membership can be paid at the Sept 12th meeting, or anytime HERE
Tuesday Sept. 22nd -- Start of Fall season
1) Classification of "A" players, and formation of Open Division in addition to B & C divisions.
With multiple seasons of data captured on our league stats website, we have the ability to dive into the stats and determine those players that have clearly proven they play at a high level in our
area. In addition to "known players" without league stats, there will be limitations on these players participating in the B Division, and disallowed from participation in the C Division.
2) Your new volunteer BADL board of directors has brought exciting new events to players in the last few months, and plan to continue running events and giving back to members in the form of adding cash to blind draws, and/or providing complimentary food and drinks for members who actively participate.
3) Previously we let you know about the BADL Travelers program implemented this summer. Please re-familiarize yourself with the program HERE
**Remember, points can only be earned by active members, and points will be reset to 0 with a lapse in membership**
Please email the league at BuffaloDarts@gmail.com for ALL inquiries
2015 Summer League Results
Congratulations to our Summer League Champions Dome Stadium who defeated Delway 1 12-7 in a highly contested match!
Summer League Regular Season Awards
1) Mike Pembleton (61) Dome Stadium
2) Brandon Schroeder (57) Dome Stadium
3) Louis Morreale (54) Dome Stadium
1) Mike Pembleton (8837) Dome Stadium
2) Louis Morreale (4754) Dome Stadium
3) John Fleck (4612) Delway 1
BADL Travelers Standings Now Posted
Standings will be updated periodically, and can be found here
Summer League Information
There will be 8 teams participating, out of 8 different locations, including a new team/sponsor Dandelion's in Amherst. In addition, Dome Stadium in Tonawanda is returning to the league to sponsor a team. The schedule has been posted online. You can access the stats website via www.wnybadl.com.
Please look over your rosters online to ensure accuracy.
*We need confirmation from Electric Avenue and Dandelion's of your rosters*
Summer League Notes:
- Start time is 8:00pm in the summer
- There are 13 games in a match, with singles games worth 1pt, doubles worth 2 pts and triples 701 worth 3 pts.
- Total points awarded in a match is 21 pts.
- Scoresheet is available for download/printing on the stats website
- Each team will have 5 home games, and 5 away games
- With 8 teams, everyone plays each other once, and 3 teams twice
- Effort was made to not have too many long streaks of home and away matches, but with this amount of teams, and the short season, some streaks are inevitable. Please look over your schedules to confirm you have 5 home and 5 away
- The top 4 teams after 10 weeks will participate in a 2 week playoff to crown the summer champions
Best of luck to all shooters!
RESURGENCE BLIND DRAW TOURNAMENT
The BADL is proud to bring you a Blind Draw Tournament at Resurgence Brewing Co. The Blind Draw will be held Sunday June 14th with sign ups beginning at 12:00 and the tournament starting at 1:00 p.m. The tournament will be best 2 of 3 double elimination and the entry fee will be $10.
For those of you who have never been to Resurgence Brewing before, you are in for an awesome time. Resurgence produces top quality craft beer and their outdoor patio makes it a great place to hang out in the summer. For more information on Resurgence you can visit resurgencebrewing.com.
We are hoping to make this a great event that helps the game of darts grow in Buffalo. Come out and bring your friends and be prepared for some awesome beer and great darts.
Important Dates Can Also Be Found At Our Events Page Above
Tuesday 5/26 -- Summer Captains/New Player meeting @ Our Bar 7:30. Casual darts to follow
Thursday 5/28 -- Weekly double-elimination Blind Draw every Thursday during the summer @ Sam's Delway. Registration 7:00
Saturday 5/30 -- Start of BADL Travelers Points Program!
Saturday 5/30 -- Members Only $25 ADO Qualifier @ Our Bar 12:00 sharp.
Tuesday 6/2 -- Summer Rosters & $50 Bar Sponsorship Fees due
Tuesday 6/9 -- 1st week of Summer League!
Sunday 6/14 -- BADL hosts $10 double-elimination Blind Draw @ Resurgence Brewing! Registration 12:00pm
BADL SUMMER LEAGUE STARTS SOON
The BADL will be starting a Summer League to begin Tuesday June 9th
The Captain’s Meeting will take place at OurBar on Tuesday May 26th at 7:30 p.m.
Please bring your Darts and we will splash some games after the meeting
If you are prepared with your Team Roster please remember to include only two “A” players maximum to form your 3 person team. You may play with 4 if you so choose.
Your current BADL membership includes the Summer League play
New members to the BADL may join for the Summer only for $10
there will be a link to PayPal on the website as well as a Bar Fee link for $50 soon
If you are looking for a team please come to the meeting and throw some games.
This is a great introduction to the exciting world of Steel Tip Darts
The format will be the same as last summer which everyone enjoyed
The scoresheet will be available on the site soon
The length of season will be decided depending on the number of players
Form your teams and bring your friends for some Fun Summer Darts
CONGRATULATIONS TO PLAYOFF WINNERS + BANQUET REMINDER
Congratulations to this season's Winter 2015 playoff champions.